8.05.2011

The {Great} Room

Welcome back to the tour. Hope you've enjoyed the back part of the house, now for the big room...

First is our dining room. The table is from the 1950s and has flowers with a vine painted on the top of the table and back of the chairs. It was my great uncles, and I got it when he passed away. The buffet is from Tattered Treasures...but you've already read that story. :) The artwork are originals by brilliant artists, Leo and Eli. Off to the right are sliding glass doors that lead out to our deck. On the left is a door which leads to the laundry room, and the garage.



This picture is right at the edge of the living room and dining room. The collage of Gs were Amy's idea (shocker, right...). I really like letters and monograms, so I thought it was a cool idea. Amy gave me the gold G for, um, honestly, I can't remember! I got the other 2 at Hobby Lobby. The Lego table is the only toy that gets to be out in the living room...I'm keeping it there to try to get Leo to work on his fine motor skills. What teacher has a kid who hates anything to do with coloring or writing? Yeah, this one.



This is the living room. We bought the white, yes, white furniture for the "purple" room in our old house. Yeah, we also bought it before we had children! What were we thinking, but good news for me...it is microfiber so it washes up really nice! One thing I'd really like to change about our house is the carpet. Throughout the whole house is a "dirty" looking Berber. I don't like how it feels, but with two very active boys, it's holding up nicely. I will wait until they are older (or until it looks too horrible)to replace it.



This shot is of the east wall of our living room, opposite of the dining room. The pictures that are hanging up are, of course, taken by Melia. They are from last fall and were used as our Christmas cards. :) The entertainment center is from my parents, they gave it to us for a Christmas gift. We went with two colored walls. I love how they look together. "We" painted them too...Actually, I honestly did help with this room. I also got brown paint on my hardwood floors because I stepped on it.



This is a shot from our living room looking back over the dining room.



The last picture is a shot of our open kitchen. Right now the island is just high enough for Eli to run under the ledge. In a few weeks, however, I think he'll have to borrow Leo's bike helmet to remind him to duck! I always like refrigerators that are clean and you can see more white than "stuff", but with my children, they love their ABC thing, so I can take the clutter for a little while. (Who am I kidding, my whole house is usually cluttered because it doesn't bother me!)



Tomorrow will be the last room on the main level: The laundry room!

No comments: