This is a shot of our love seat and BIG pictures. The furniture we got at a store in a nearby town that was going out of business. We got it on Sabrina's birthday, and there was tornado sirens going off. Crazy how I remember dumb things, but to remember an appointment is too hard... Anyway, the pictures are of Leo and Eli when they are a few days old. They are size 20 x 30, and I just love them. One perk of having a really good friend take pictures for you, is that she also orders them at a reduced rate (ok, at cost...). I love that Melia! I got them framed and matted at Hobby Lobby when they were having their sale or it never would have happened.
This picture shows the couch and the ledge we have with pictures of the boys. It's kind of like a snapshot of their lives, different ages and stages of each boy. Melia took all the pictures, and if you can see the metal frames on the end table, she gave those to me for my birthday. She must love me too! Speaking of the table, my Uncle Leo made it for me. He made the entire thing! It's so so cool! It has a marble top and a mission look to it. I bet you are thinking wait, Uncle Leo? Leo Beo? Yep, my Leo is named for my Uncle Leo. I wasn't able to know either of my grandfathers, but Uncle Leo has a very special place in my heart, and is the perfect name for my Leo. My nieces and nephews call them "Big Leo" and "Little Leo" or "Leo with the Glasses" and "Beo Beo." Big Leo is kind of funny because he is nearly 7 feet tall. Maybe "Little Leo" will catch up with the way that he is growing!
Welcome to the toy area. This is where my computer desk used to be, but it was way too cluttered, so it got the boot. Now I'm looking for a cool thing to put along the one wall where the desk was. I want to have bins that pull out and a chalkboard and a cork board. I want the one in Pottery Barn Kids, but that's NOT in my budget. I wonder if my dad could make it...hint, hint. Or, I guess I can look at Tattered Treasures, because I saw something pretty stinking cool in the window yesterday when I drove by!
Lastly, this picture is kind of boring. It is a shot down the hall. The door to the right is the bathroom and the door straight ahead is the bedroom.
So, there you go! There is our house. What did you think? Any pointers, decorating tips, things you like, love, hate?
School is starting soon. I'll try to keep up better this year. I can't promise, but I'll try! We are going to sneak in a little vaca before we start school. Lots of shopping and swimming are on the agenda.
No comments:
Post a Comment