7.07.2012
You and Me Go Fishin' in the Heat
100 degree heat plus 89% humidity. Not the best day to head to the local catch and release pond, but fish we did.
G'pa & G'ma had gotten Leo a fishing pole for his birthday last year, so we decided to break it in.
The fish weren't biting. Maybe it was the heat, maybe it was the unlucky-ness that follows us, or maybe it was the fact that 2 little boys were throwing rocks into the water and high speeds. I guess we'll never know.
When they did start biting, G'ma was the first to get one. Leo helped reel it in. Both boys were so excited to see the fish and to touch it. (I think they get that from their dad. There was no way I was touching that!)
Finally, they started biting a little more. I caught the most (7!) today. I didn't rub that in at all. After all, it was my first time fishing. Thank.you.very.much!
It was quite a struggle reeling this baby in. I had to fight it like crazy!
I'm not sure fisherman is in his future. He was pretty bored and didn't like it when he couldn't catch one.
Finally, the last fish of the day, Daddy caught his 1st! Who cares if it's the big one anyway?!?!
The boys asked if they could go fishing again. I said sure, as long as someone baits the hook, the weather isn't so hot, someone takes them off the hook, lots of other things as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment