We had Leo's pre-school open house last night. He's been counting down the darks since July, it seems like!
Last week, his teacher and para in the room came for a visit to our house. It was fun for them to get to know Leo. He was so chatty! He told them that he's really good at sports. (lol!) He was hamming it up pretty good!
So tonight I wanted him to wear what he wanted to wear on the first day of school. He wanted to wear his "Dylan" shirt***. He's decked out in his Dylan shirt, his "speedy shoes" and gel in his hair (Just for you Sabrina!!).
He loved the open house and is counting down the darks until he gets to "go back every day until lunch time, and then ride the big blue bus, and not take a nap because I am four. Just take a rest."
Here is Leo and his teacher Ms. K. She is new to the district this year.
Leo and Mrs. H, the para in his room.
Leo & his locker. Number 12 this year :)
Leo and the CL Lion out front.
I'm so excited for Leo to start school. It seems like just a short time ago, we were waiting for him to be born!
Leo Beo, I look forward to watching you grow and learn this year. You are so amazing! I love you!
Love, Mommy
***Dylan is a high school student from our town, who is battling cancer. Dylan is dating Brenda, one of our RCYF girls, and who I have to be if Leo and I play basketball. Brenda is always "on fire." Anyway, Leo thinks Dylan is pretty awesome. He remembers him in his prayers every night, and always asks if he is feeling ok at his hospital. Leo also wears his Dylan bracelet everyday. We lost one at Corn Show, and he cried a lot. Luckily Brenda's mom had some extra. :) Sometimes I don't know why bad things happen to great people, especially kids, but it is all part of God's plan. We will faithfully walk along side Dylan, encourage him, his family, his girlfriend, and his friends. I believe God is going to let our community see a miracle through Dylan. He will bring many people to Christ. Fight fast, Dylan! We are praying you through!***
No comments:
Post a Comment