Welcome to our 400th post!
Yep. Today is my 30th birthday. I'll be honest with you... I've been dreading this day for exactly 365 days. Unfortunately for me, I like even numbers, so I didn't like being 20, and I won't like being 31. Ugh. It's a rough 3 years... ;) Not gonna lie, there's been lots of tears and bad moods and "mid-life crisis" actions at our house.
On Friday night Sabrina came home to spend a little time with me before she had to go to a weekend even for school. It was so great to see her :).
This past weekend I was "surprised" (ha ha ha!) by my friends Julie and Jill. We, along with our husbands, went to the city and got pedicures. Well, Julie and I did, Jill isn't a big fan of feet things, so she got a manicure. After the pampering, we went to a place in the mall to eat before we went to the comedy club.
I forgot how much I love to eat "munchy" things for meals. Sadly, my body quickly reminded me why I don't do that more often. Ugh. Anyway, we went to the comedy club in the city, and laughed so hard we almost cried!
Then we headed to the new casino by our town. For your birthday you get $10. And me, being a very big gambler (ha!), won $50 on the penny slots! It was so fun!
Today at school my mother, who will pay for this..., gave Julie pictures to hang around the school. Lovely. Bad hair and teeth and all. Thanks Mom... Julie's class came and sang to me. They were so cute! I had a few of them last year, so since now I really was their "old" teacher, they had to come see me. I mentioned to my class that I was still in my twenties until 2:11, so they had to think I was cool until then. They were busy working on their reading, and all of a sudden they started counting down...at exactly 2:11 my class sang "Happy Birthday." So sweet!
My parents and God-parents and Melia came for cake on Monday evening. We had a lot of fun.
Well, I guess that's it. It's over. It's done. I'm th-th-th-thirty. Yikes... I won't be saying that too often. I like "I'm 29+1" a lot better.
Enjoy some pictures of the weekend.
At school with Leo. He thought it was so great that I came to his classroom.
At home with E. He was not really into sitting by me. Oh well...
Leo thought he needed to take a picture of me to put on the computer...
My pedi (done professionally) and my mani (copied from Sabrina :) Black in honor of 30)
No comments:
Post a Comment