Tonight was the light parade. Leo loved it last year, and I was excited to take him back and let Eli have his first experience.
Last night Leo didn't sleep so hot. He cried pretty much the entire night. To say that the night was long would be an understatement. Good thing 4th graders don't require as much energy as TKers! He told me that his ear hurt this morning, so me being the slightly neurotic person that I am, I schedule an appointment for this afternoon. (I also scheduled an appointment for Eli, you know, he could be sick...) Found out that E had sinus infection (score 1 for mom's intuition!) and that Leo had a ruptured ear drum. Apparently, I've forgotten what an ear infection starts out as. Or Leo has super human strength and it didn't bother him. I'm going to go with the 2nd option. So we are on some meds, to put it mildly. Then tonight Leo complained of a stomach ache. All my mommy alarms when haywire. This may be a secret and may come as a shock to you, but I am terrified of the stomach flu. Seriously, it causes me to lose sleep at night. I worry that I won't know how to clean up the mess, that I'll get sick from the mess or that I'll get sick from the virus. Seriously, November until March is just stressful on the SFA (Stomach Flu Alert).
I digress. Tonight we went downtown for dinner and the parade of lights. Santa was at dinner, but the boys didn't think they wanted to spend any amount of time talking to him. They drove around with Justin's parents while I picked up the $65 worth of prescriptions. Nice. There went the medical budget...
I brought glow sticks for the boys to wear so they could feel like part of the parade. :) They thought it was cool. We sat and watched the {very short} parade. Leo and Eli oooed and ahhed over the floats and firetrucks.
I'm thinking next year the 4th graders are going to get a float together...
1 comment:
neurotic? never ;)
haha love your freakish-ness about sickness.
-Meg
Post a Comment