Corn Show '09 was lots of fun!
For the first time since I can remember my ENTIRE family was able to attend the festivities. It was great to have everyone there.
Leo, Gavin, Katelynn, Grandma Jan & I went down on Thursday night to play BINGO. Leo loved calling out the numbers after the caller did them. It was funny to listen to. Katelynn cried and cried when it was time to go. She was NOT finished I guess! Gavin kept asking, why didn't I win? Why didn't I win? I told him he'd have to come back for the Feather Party in November and try his luck again.
On Friday, we went down and ate at the church stand (of course!), walked around the booths, and sat at the button drawing for a little while.
On Saturday, my mom, sister and I got up early and froze our legs off as we did the 5 mile walk. Ok, in all honesty, we didn't do 5 miles. Someone couldn't make it that far. We then went home, and got ready for the parade. Leo took a 45 minute nap, and I was a bit worried about how the afternoon would go. But, he did great! He loved the tractors, floats and suckers he got at the parade.
After the parade we took the kids down to the rides. Leo and Katelynn liked the "jumpy-jumpy." Kate liked it so much she wouldn't come out!

After the jumping we went and road the cars. That was right up Leo's alley. He LOVES to drive, and didn't want to come off the ride. Next was the merry-go-round. I couldn't go on it because I get motion sick, so Auntie Jill Marie held Adri and Leo and Justin held Katelynn.

Ben, Gavin, Justin and Leo enjoyed the big slide. Justin was just glad it wasn't a water slide. He always gets stuck on those...

The whole weekend was a lot of fun. Can't wait until next year when we can do it all again!
2 comments:
Ahh- BINGO! Such fun-didn't realize we'd get them hooked so young! And al the parade candy-can use that for Halloween! So happy everyone could make it-next year? We'll see!!
Gavin and Katelynn had so much fun they want to go to Corn Show next time they go to Grandma and Grandpa's too!!
Post a Comment