8.29.2008

Here Come the Lions!

Tonight was the 2nd Annual "Beef Bowl." Not really sure why it's called that, and it's been going on for a lot more than two years, but oh well, who am I to argue? CL played WL in our traditional rivalry. Leo and I were sporting some new CL gear:
Don't we look great in purple and gold? I think it's my color. :) The picture below is a sad one. I'd just told Leo that Nate wouldn't be our quarterback anymore...
Ok, just kidding. And don't worry, we love Jordan at our house too. (After all he was my drip... Long story, if you want to know more leave a comment.) Leo was sad because his daddy took away his paci.
You may have already known that I love to have things personalized, but just in case you didn't we added it to Leo's shirt. :)

Leo and I got to "watch" the first half of the game. When I say watch I really mean walk on the sidelines, and up and down the hill. I think I saw two plays and those were when I walked over to the concession stand to get some candy. But, they were 2 good plays. They were both PASS plays!!! CL doesn't have a passing reputation; we are more of a run offense. We were down 14-12 when I left, but I've been hearing a lot of cheering, so maybe the tides have turned.

It was very odd to see all the people in different uniforms and numbers. I didn't know at least half of them. I better get a program and read up! Hopefully it is a good season. Go Lions!

2 comments:

Am-Ham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Am-Ham said...

Hey Mrs. Groen! How is your new job? (It's so sad you're not at our school anymore!) I love Leo's shirt!! Well I guess I'll talk to you later.

--Amber--