Leo hasn't done anything sad...As the end of August draws near it's time for back to school. I'm excited to start my new adventure at Central Lyon, and a few others are starting their adventures, too. The first of our "kids" has left us to start their new adventures. :(
Nate gave this shirt and socks to Leo Beo. (However, Leo will NOT be attending NWMSU...too far away!)
Over the next few weeks the rest of our kids will be leaving home. Some will head to Northwestern, in Orange City, UNI, in Cedar Falls, and Morningside, in Sioux City. Tonight I was talking to Brett about everyone leaving, and I got all choked up. It's hard to believe the time is here. They were just middle schoolers like yesterday. (That's when I met most of them at church.)
If I got choked up just talking about them leaving, I can't imagine what the 21st will be like...(That's the night we say goodbye to Sabrina Mae.) I'm really not looking forward to that...
I know they are all going to do great things, whatever and where ever they end up. I'm so glad I've had this time to get to know all of them! As sadness fills my heart, I must also remember that deep down I don't want them to stay. They need to grow and fulfill the plans God has for them. (I hope those plans include visits to my house...)
There is a song that talks about letting go, and I've always thought it was appropriate around graduation time. A few lines: "...I'll have tears as you take off, but I'll cheer as you fly... I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams, and that faith gives you the courage to dare to do great things. I'm here for you whatever this life brings. May my love give you roots and help you find your wings."
I wish that on all of my "kids." Good luck and keep me informed! Love you!
**I realize this wasn't really about Leo, sorry. But, these people are pretty important to him too!**
No comments:
Post a Comment