I had really been doing ok with everything.
School started today (Side note: I LOVE my new job! How great is it to leave your house and be at work in less than 2 minutes?!?! What a commute!), and it was near the end of the day. Sabrina's mom, Amy, who works in the middle school, wanted Sabrina to help her with something. So Sabrina came to school and then had a few extra minutes to chat with me. When I saw her standing in my doorway I started to get all choked up. Ugh...It was the weirdest thing. My mind flashed back to the first time I saw her at school. She was a "sassy" 8th grader with a Twin's jersey on. Man did her group of friends intimidate me as a substitute teacher! Where did the last 5 years go?
We helped some people from our church move tonight, and I didn't get home until later than I planned. She came over to say good-bye and my mind kind of went fuzzy again. I could see flashbacks of her coming over when she'd just gotten her license, when she'd broken up with the wrong boy, and she gotten together with the right one, and countless other times she stopped by for absolutely nothing at all. I think my house will be so quiet without her! I wanted to impart some wisdom, or at least not be a crying fool. Yeah, didn't happen. Leo gave her a very large, very wet kiss, and the sweetest hug he's ever given to anyone (besides me :)). That's when the tears started. Oh well, what's the saying...better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all...better to have had a friendship than not to at all. And instead of good-bye we've decided on "See you later."
Here are a few pictures of Leo Beo and his sweet girlfriend. :) They are sporting Morningside Mustang gear. Leo's daddy said he could be a Mustang fan if it was for her. :)
We couldn't get him to look at me until I started playing Patty Cake.
Mid-Clap!
How cute are these two? :)
Sabrina Mae: You will go from here and do great things. You are a wonderful person and friend. Your faith, determination, strength and personality are outstanding. I am lucky to have gotten to know you these last few years, and hope that we stay in touch while you attend college. Your mom and I have decided we would be ok with you coming back to RR to be our own nurse. (Especially since you put Leo's eye-drops in tonight with NO tears!!) I wish you the best of luck! We love you!
Don't forget to visit...
"See you later!"
2 comments:
Aww..i love that post! Thanks sara i love you too. And i do hate saying good bye but your right its only see ya later! give leo a kiss! love you! and miss you!
crazy what the past 4 years has brought into this world. Thanks for all your love and support! I truly appreciate everything you do for me!
Love you!
Post a Comment