6.28.2012

Leo {5 years!}

Holy cow! Where did the time go? Today my Leo turned 5! He woke up just in time so we could sing to him right at 7:27 am!
First I'll tell a little about his day, and then I'll finish with sharing about the things Leo can do! After we sang, we played around for a bit. For lunch we ordered pizza. He was so excited for his pineapple and green olive pizza. :) After lunch we headed to G'pa and G'ma's church to help decorate for Auntie Jodi's wedding! We went without a nap or any treats. Let's just say, decorating wasn't really what this young boy wanted to do on his big day. Sorry, Leo B! A quick haircut before the big wedding, and we were back at home waiting for G'ma Jan, Amy, and Ivy to come over for dinner. Leo wanted manicotti (or as we tease him, girl-icotti) so G'ma Jan made it for us. There were cupcakes, ice cream, presents, and a happy birthday boy. When supper was over, Uncle Mike, Auntie Erica, Jaina, Jackson, Keith, Cheryl, Coryn, Hunter, and G'pa Randy came to finish off the cupcakes. A bath and stories ended his 5th birthday. "A whole hand! A whole hand, Mom! Can you believe it?" No Leo, I really can't... My Leo Beo has been busy ~
~Beating Loving on his brother. They are best friends or "frenemies" depending on the hour and who has the basketball! ~still loves to shoot baskets every.single.day. We've graduated to a bigger ball and the hoop outside. Our leftie sure is a good shot! ~may have an addiction to Wii games. His favorite gifts this year were Mario Tennis and Mario Baseball. We have to set time limits!
~reading 2nd grade leveled books. He loves to read and often reads my text messages. So, if you send something bad, chances are, I'll have to explain it! ~getting ready to go to Transitional Kindergarten in the fall. He's pretty excited to go 3 full days a week and be in "Mom's" building. Now I'm thinking he may not be a fan of that once he gets a yellow ticket or two, and I hear all about it before he can tell me! ~loved playing Tball and is excited for soccer this fall. ~deciding where to live as a "dad". He is thinking LA because he likes the Lakers or maybe Minnesota because of the Vikings. We'll have to wait and see!
~playing with his friends and cousins. ~swimming! This boy is a fish! He loves the slides and boards and anything else that has water near or around it. ~is in the 95% percentile for height (44 inches) and 25% for weight (40 lbs.). Not sure where he gets that. ;) ~being such a sweet and kind little boy. Often offering hugs to anyone who will take them. Leo, You've amazed me in your first 5 years of life. Your curiosity about everything is so fun. You've taught me how to go with the flow, slow down to check things out, and how to be a mommy. I'm forever thankful that God chose me to be your mom. I promise to keep praying for you and helping you to grow up into the man God wants you to be. I love you, Leo Beo! Happy 5th Birthday, my first born! Love always, Mommy

No comments: