10.23.2011

The Roast {2011}

Ever since I can remember, we've had a wiener roast at Melia's house. Forever and ever! Even when it snowed, and we roasted marshmallows over candles in their kitchen, and we drank hot chocolate in her room. It is one of my favorite fall memories.

Luckily for me, they still have it! Even more lucky for my boys! Our first attempt this year was wind blown out, so they moved it to today. It was so fun! We all are so busy with our own crazy lives, that don't all get together very often.

Here are a few shots from 2011 "The Roast":

Derek, Ashley & Melia warming up by the fire.



Shae & my mom "signing in" to Shae's book :)



Grandpa Arnie & Julie making an appearance.



Me & my daddy



Justin, Ava, Drew and E playing football/volleyball/tackle/etc.



Shae being E's mommy because I took the night off.



Leo making his very own s'more. WAIT, Ashley, I don't want mine hot! I don't want it with chocolate and I don't want graham crackers... Um, I guess he wanted a marshmallow... Sorry, Ash!



Adrienne making her fire...



She does good work. Doesn't start the grass on fire, unlike someone else I know...



My boys enjoying their 5th and 2nd roasts, respectively.




A HUGE thank you to Melvin and Karen for putting this on every year. The fun, memories, and laughs will be with me forever <3.

No comments: