11.01.2008

Carving Pumpkins

Carving pumpkins is one of my most favorite fall activities! Last year Leo was too little to participate, but this year he was able to join in the fun!

I put on my carving "outfit" ~ pumpkin shirt & pj pants ~ spread the newspapers, cleaned the outside and began the fun! Leo was into sticking his hands in the pumpkin and pulling out the seeds. He is unlike his daddy...

I love the look on his face in this picture....Alright! I can make a mess!
Getting a feel for the seeds.


"Let me stick my whole arm in there..."


"Yum! Auntie Jill is right. Pumpkin seeds taste good!"
(I got it out before it went any further than this picture. Yuck, Leo!)

We carved 3 pumpkins, my mom carved 1, Melia carved 2 and Erica carved 1. It was a party!

Check back soon to see a picture of the final products.

**If anyone has ideas how to get my camera to take pictures with no flash, I'd be excited to learn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leo-Auntie Jill roasts the seeds before she eats them!! Isn't Halloween fun?

Love ya-
g'ma Jan

Gavin and Katelynn's Mommy said...

Eo-Beo!! You gotta cook 'em first!! When you get a little bigger, I'll send you some!!
Love Auntie Jill (from KS)