10.31.2012
A Blast From the Past
Many, many moons ago, all of my neighbors on Leland Street would spend hours playing Super Mario Brothers. Snowdays, hot days, any day was a SMB day. Melia and I were a bit more addicted than anyone else. Many memories of playing it in our "adult" days as well.
So, when Leo started liking Mario Kart. I was all over that! I bought him shirts, games and stickers. I loved listening to the songs, reminding me of my childhood. It was only the next logical step to have the boys be Mario and Luigi for Halloween.
I had the main two covered; I needed a Princess Peach and Toad. I looked to my niece and nephew. I figure we only have about 1 more year left of being able to talk Jaina into dressing with the boys... We have to milk it while we can!
Jaina had other ideas. She wanted to be a witch. Thank goodness for Auntie Mindy... She casually said, "Witches are gross." And Jaina was convinced to go along with our plan. Leo was on board right away. However, I thought he'd want to be Mario. I was wrong. "Mom, Luigi is taller than Mario. I am taller than Eli. I have to be Luigi." Well... ok, duh, Mom!
I got the kids from school and daycare and brought them home to get them ready. They were ready for the candy, but not super excited about the costumes. I did manage to get a few pictures of the 4 of them together.
We went through the Halloween Parade, and Jus and Mike took the boys to a few houses in our neighborhood. I couldn't believe all the trick-or-treaters that came to our house! I had to "borrow" some candy from the boys' bags! (They didn't need it all anyway!)
The boys had a great time and looked so good.
a
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So cute!
Post a Comment