If you are a loyal reader, you'll remember our last trip to the Omaha Zoo. It was HOT. I mean think the world had ended and you didn't get to go to Heaven hot. So I had a much better idea this time...we'd go in May! I had one personal day to "burn", so I took Friday off and we headed to the zoo.
We took Nate & Sabrina with us, and had a great time. We left Friday after Nate was done working, headed south and picked up Sabrina. She had just finished one of her finals, and was planning on studying for another on the way down. Eli had different plans... He was not (NOT) happy to be in the van. I'm pretty sure that N & S will never have children because of this car ride...
When we got to the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised with our surprise on our arrival. :) Jus and Nate left to get pizza and wings, while Sabrina and I took the boys swimming. Leo was a fish! Eli wasn't sure of the water. It was a bit cold, and there were a lot of people there. After swimming, we headed upstairs to eat and put the boys to bed. Again, E had other plans for this... He wouldn't settle down and cried (screamed actually) for nearly 35 minutes. (So, Greg, Sherri, Amy & Scott, I sincerly appoligize if you never have grandchildren...)
The next morning we went down and had a cook to order breakfast and headed to the zoo. Wow! What a difference the weather makes. We got to see everything we wanted and we weren't dying of heat exhastion. Loved it!
After we finished at the zoo, we headed back up north. We stopped to eat and hang out a bit with Sabrina. Then we came the rest of the way home. When we dropped Nate off, we had to stop and see Blitz (his dog). The boys were in heaven, and Eli, well, Eli ate some of Blitz's dog food. Guess it was good protien...
Enjoy the pictures!
Leo is ready to see his favorites...the ducks and lions.
Leo & Sabrina by his favorite part of the zoo. "It says my name! It says L-e-o!"
Some day my hands are going to be that big...
Eli eating a snack, making sure his ball was in close view...
Nate, Sabrina & Leo on the gorillas
Eli, Nate, Sabrina and "The Ball" on the gorillas
Sabrina, Nate & Leo on the Ski-fari
Eli doing his favorite thing of the weekend...eating!
Eli & Mommy on the Elephant
The zoo and being so cute are hard work!
3 boys and a girl
Nate, Leo & Sabrina
Leo & Sabrina in the jungle
No comments:
Post a Comment