Because our little Leo has "asthma" we were told that real Christmas trees were out of the question. Made me sad, I love the smell of a real tree, but, anything for Leo. :)
Justin and I found a tree that we really liked that was on sale for nearly half of it's original price in October, so we snagged it! It was in a box in our garage, and I'd decided I better get it up and decorated soon or it would never get put up!
On the Saturday we got it out of the box, we put a few branches down and Leo said, "Oh, it's beautiful!"
First, I couldn't stop laughing because it was only 1/2 of a tree. Second, when did he learn the word beautiful? Third, do I have someone who would like to decorate the tree as much as me?!?!
We waited for a few days before we put the decorations on the tree. I made Justin and Leo sit in the room with me and listen to the stories about our ornaments. (When I was growing up, my mom and I would put the tree up and talk about all the ornaments. Each ornament symbolized something, a vacation, a birth, a relative. It is one of my most favorite memories! Thanks Mom!)
Leo loved helping decorate the tree. He told me where everything had to go. Listened to my stories, and acted more interested than his father. I love that boy!
Leo picking out the ornaments that were going to be put on the tree.

Listening to my instructions!

Giving a little advice for the "special" ornaments.

Getting ready to hang up one of his ornaments.

One month to go!
2 comments:
You got your way Sara! So happy that they listened to all your stories and cooperated for you!
-Megan
At least they sat and listened and watched you put the tree up. Gavin and Katelynn helped for all of 10 minutes then Gavin decided hockey was much more interesting and Katelynn played with her baby. So, again, just me putting all the ornaments on the tree. Beo, do you want to help Auntie Jill decorate her tree next year??
Be good, Santa is watching!
Love,
Auntie Jill
from KS
Post a Comment