6.22.2009

Father's Day and Birthday Party!




Yesterday we had Justin's family over for Leo's 2nd birthday! Hard to believe that in just one short week my "angel" will be entering the terrible twos! Yikes! The party was a little on the small side because neither of Justin's sisters were able to make it, but we still had fun!


Leo got into opening the gifts a little more this year. Last year he wanted nothing to do with it. :) Silly boy! He got a Little People Race Set from Uncle Mike, Auntie Erica and Jaina. (P.S. The batteries for this toy are already gone! He LOVES playing with it! Great find, Auntie Erica!)



From G'pa & G'ma he got a Big Wheel. When Jus was little he had one, and wore the front tire out. We'll see what Leo does. He got right on and was driving around the living room. They have one at Kid's Club that is a little smaller, and he loves it there, so he knew what to do when he got on!


At cake time Leo was once again a big ham. If you recall last year, Leo was NOT a fan of the cake. He didn't want to eat any this year either, but he did have his new favorite "I-Beam" (ice cream). I made the cake (out of a box...) and decorated it. I've been watching Cake Boss on TLC, and they talked about using fruit chews to make letters and numbers for cakes. I thought it was a smartie, and I got Fruit Roll-Ups. Um... yeah, these were not what they meant. They meant Starbursts. After wrecking 3 of the roll-ups (bummer, I hate it when you have to eat the mistakes... :)) I finally got his name looking the way I wanted.



Leo had a great "1st" 2nd birthday party! He still has 2 to go!

No comments: