12.27.2008

Leo's Merry Christmas

Our week has been crazy busy with family & friends. Leo has made quite the haul. I'll start at the beginning.

Jus had to work on Christmas Eve (bummer), so Leo and I were finishing up last minute details while he was gone. I put Leo down for a nap, and he wouldn't fall asleep. I think he knew what was coming!! So at 1 o'clock he finally fell asleep, so Jus and I could get his presents built. Yep, built. We ordered him a Little Tikes sports climber. It was pretty easy to assemble... :) (Another story for another time...)

After an incredibly SHORT nap (45 minutes), Leo was up and not too impressed with being awake. We thought it might make him happy to see his new basketball hoop. Oh boy, were we right! He started smiling and shooting hoops right that second.


After about 10 minutes, I thought we could move into the other room and open the rest of his presents. Um...yeah...This is what Leo thought of that idea.

I'll remember that for next year...

Anyway, we brought his presents back into the family room, and I opened every single one of his. He wanted nothing to do with any of them. But he was a good sport and let me take a picture of him with all of the "stuff" he got from us.


After we finished at our house, we quickly picked up, cleaned up and packed, and made a mad dash to LR to spend Christmas Eve with my family. Our first plan had been to stay home, go to our church, and then to G'pa & G'ma's. Oh well, plans change and we are flexible. (Ok, those of you that know me, know that MY plans don't really change, and I am NOT flexible...).

My sister and brother were home and the kids were creating quite the racket. We went to church, and I'm sure that the people behind us thought we were pretty entertaining... After church our friends, the Graves, came to G'pa & G'ma's. We ate, played and opened presents. Here are the kids after the party and before "the wheels fell off." (Remember that 45 minute nap...multiply that by 4 kids and you'll know how happy G'pa & G'ma's house was...)

Our triplets: Katelyn, Leo & Adri
All 4 Grandkids: Gavin, Katelynn, Leo & Adri The kids with their "honorary" cousin: Lane, Katelynn, Leo, Adri & Gavin

We went to bed in hopes that Santa would bring a Silent Night and happy babies... Well, most of them went to bed. Leo & I went to couch. (Now might be the time to mention to my parents that it'd be super if they could add an extra bedroom to their house...with a queen size bed...:))

On to Christmas Day. We got up early and opened presents. Again, Leo wasn't too into the gifts or the wrapping paper. Oh well, maybe next year. We saved his present from G'pa & G'ma until last...a basketball hoop that can go outside!!! (See, I'm learning...) So for the rest of the day, minus nap time, he played basketball. Sharing is something that a 1 1/2 year old isn't too much into...sorry Kate & Adri!

Leo got a "John Deere" water bottle in his stocking, and thought it was so cool. But, he doesn't know how to suck from a straw. Any ideas how to teach him?

Here is the glorious basketball hoop and a shot of Leo in action!
Next we move to Christmas on the other side of the family. Yesterday, the 26th, we went to Justin's parents for the day. Leo & Jaina had a blast opening their presents and then playing with all of the "old" toys at G'pa & G'ma's. Isn't that how it always works?

Don't mind Leo's bib in these pictures...He has been drooling like crazy again, and it was his 3rd bib already...oh, we opened presents at 10 o'clock!


He has been getting the John Deere toys that are also books. He loves them! Here he is with Corey Combine. :)
And Miss Jaina is opening on of her presents. She kind of had a "horse" Christmas, even though G'pa didn't get her a real horse...He's the only one with enough room. Maybe she can keep asking, he could cave! (Although, I'd be ok if he didn't...I'm afraid of horses...and dogs...and...)

Over all we had a wonderful time with our family, and can't believe Christmas has come and gone already. One gift we are very thankful for is that my brother is home safely. (Last year he was in Iraq.)

We hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noise? food? presents? Did any of us get enough? Leo did great! As did we all- thanks ot Gavin, Katelynn, Leo and Adri and their parents for making it a Merry merry!

love,
g'ma Jan